Hi all! Today I thought I’d share with you some songs that I have either discovered or re-discovered recently, that I really love! 🙂 I’ll be posting YouTube links below each song so you can check them out for yourselves, if you’d like. 😉
Does anyone know of another way that I can share songs on here with you guys (besides YouTube)? I know that some of you might not be allowed on YouTube, and I just want to give all of you a chance to listen to some good, clean, positive music. If you do know of anything, please let me know in the comments! 🙂
Okay….now on with the songs!
1. Newsboys-I Fought the La…-I actually only found this song last night, but since then I’ve probably listened to it about five times. It’s REALLY good, and it’s an older Newsboys song (from 2007, I looked it up 😉 ), so that means it’s one that’s sung by Peter Furler, not Michael Tait—yay!! (For those that don’t know, I prefer Peter Furler’s voice to Michael Tait’s…don’t know why, I just do.)
2. Rebecca St. James-Pray-I love Rebecca St. James’ music, but up until about a month ago, I’d never heard this song before, and there’s a good reason for it….this song is from 1998!! Talk about WOW! One day I was watching a video where RSJ was talking about the music video for Pray. A few weeks later, I was bored, happened to remember that video, and decided to look up the song. I sure am glad I did, because it ROCKS in my opinion!! 😀 I look it up all the time now. The music video is really cool too. Check it out!
3. Jump5-Forever In My Heart-Back a couple of years ago, when I was just getting into Jump5 and first started to listen to their music, I discovered this song and it became my absolute FAVORITE song by the group. I’ve discovered plenty more J5 songs since then, so I kind of forgot about it…until Friday night, when I decided to randomly, out of the blue, look it up on YouTube. It’s a really terrific song–Jump5’s voices are (as always) outstanding, the message is great, and the song is super fun to dance to. 🙂
4. Stacie Orrico-(There’s Gotta Be) More to Life- Around 2012, when we were just discovering the world of Christian music, my sister and I found this song and kind of became obsessed with it… 😉 It’s really awesome. Last week I found a video about the top 50 Christian songs of the decade, and this song was #50. I hadn’t heard it in a long time, so I listened to it again recently, and forgot how great it was! 😀
5. Avalon-Fly To You-I found this song not long ago and really love it! The chorus especially is extremely catchy, and can get stuck in your head for the rest of the day if you’re not careful. 😉 The pictures of nature used in this video are gorgeous—especially the one of the pink tulips near the end. 🙂
6. Sidewalk Prophets-Prodigal-This is seriously one of my new favorite songs! It worms its way into my brain quite often. I love the inspiring, uplifting, positive lyrics—this song could seriously change somebody’s life! 🙂
7. MercyMe-So Long Self-I’ve really fallen for MercyMe in the past month, but how could I not have? They really have won me over with their lovely lyrics and catchy melodies. This is one of my favorite songs by MercyMe. The music video is hilarious too–I love the beginning. 😉
8. Colton Dixon-Never Gone-Ever since this song first came out, I have loved it, especially for the lyrics. 😉 I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.
9. Jeremy Camp-Take You Back-Jeremy Camp is another artist that I’ve become interested in recently. This song is definitely one of my very favorites by him. I absolutely love the message in it! 😀
10. Sidewalk Prophets-You Love Me Anyway-I know I’ve already featured Sidewalk Prophets in this post, but hey, I just couldn’t skip this song! I’ve known it about as long as I’ve listened to Christian music (which has been about three and a half years), but I never really paid much attention to it until a few weeks ago, when I heard it on Pandora (an online music app that I use). I realized then how much I LOVED the song, and ever since I’ve been kind of obsessed with it. I love the melody, the lyrics, the singers’ voices…everything! It’s terrific! Give it a listen and tell me if you agree. 🙂
Well, that’s all for now! 🙂 It was actually really fun for me to make up this list…even if I rambled a little about some of the songs. 😉 Sorry about that…I’m a little tired right now. 😛
Anyway…see you all later!