Hey everybody! I’m back from vacation, and even though I did miss all of you so much, I had a really great time just relaxing and being with my family.
Anyway, Lydia did these questions on her blog, and they looked like a lot of fun, so I decided to do them, too! Here we go:
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
That would be Frindle by Andrew Clements. And what do you know, there’s only a picture on page 18, no words! So, let’s skip to page 19:
“because he hardly ever had homework. Oh, sure-”
Words to live by. 😉
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
My clock radio on my night table. 🙂
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
QVC (don’t laugh). The Orthaheel guy was on (he’s from Australia and he sells shoes), and I’m fascinated by that man. Plus he always seems to be on. So I watched him for a little bit, and I learned that he has interesting fashion sense (I think he was wearing either dark purple or dark red pants with a blue and white shirt?).
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
6:52 pm. Wow, am I good or what? (Okay, fine, I looked at a clock not too long before I answered this question…so I guess I’m not as good as I thought I was. 😉 )
6. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
I’m in my room, so…a “Peace and Love” fuzzy poster that I got at the craft store and colored in myself, a pink mirror, my “honor roll” award from when I was still in public school (that I need to take down), a diploma that my parents made me for finishing one school year, a crucifix (cross), and a purple clock that’s currently broken.
7. Are you listening to music right now?
Nope! But I do have Avalon’s The Glory stuck in my head right now, so…I guess that counts. 😉
8. What color is your bedroom carpet?
I don’t have carpet in my bedroom, but I do have a medium-sized purple, pink, and white striped rug by my bed.
9. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
What I have planned for the day, or what I’m going to have for breakfast. 😉
10. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
Pope Francis. Hey, he’s coming to the States soon, it could happen! 😛 Even though I don’t live in Pennsylvania…
11. Who sent you the last text message you received?
Uh…the phone company. They were trying to sell me something. 🙂 If that doesn’t count though, then my aunt. 😉
12. What did you do for your last birthday?
I went out to lunch with my family, and then we stayed at our favorite hotel for one night. It was great. 🙂 We went swimming and ate snacks. Plus the weather was great, so we did a lot of walking too! 😀
13. Is the glass half empty or half full?
Half full! What else would it be?
14. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
That’s hard! Um….Valerie Tripp.
15. What’s under your bed?
Shoes, dust, and the big bin where we keep all our gift wrap. 😀
16. Think fast, what do you like right now?
Chocolate chip cookies!
17. Do you sing in the shower?
Nooo…sadly, I don’t.
18. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Either a mom , an author, or a teacher. Or all three! 😀
19. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go?
I just got back from a vacation (to NJ!). I might want to go back there, because it was fun. I’d also like to go to Fredericksburg, Virginia (it’s really nice there!), England, Germany, Italy, or Australia/New Zealand.
20. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Kind of both…but I think more of a morning person.
21. Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
I will try and get back to you on that…okay, don’t think I can.
22. Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows?
That I can do. 🙂
23. Do you have pets?
Yup! An adorable husky named Gracie.
24. What is your best childhood memory?
I have a lot, but I think my favorite would probably either be: my cousin’s wedding, where I was a flower girl, or when I went to theater day camp in third grade. That was fun. 🙂
25. What’s your favorite color?
Purple! Like a light purple, not dark purple. I’m very specific. 😉 I also like pink, blue, and yellow. 🙂
26. What’s your favorite food?
27. What’s your favorite dessert?
Ice cream. 🙂
28. How old are you?
I can’t say exactly, but I am a teenager.
29. What are some of your favorite books?
American Girl books (of course!), anything by Andrew Clements, Chicken Soup for the Soul books (especially the Christmas ones!), and many, many more!
30. What are some of your favorite movies?
Godspell, Anne of Green Gables, The Prince of Egypt, and The Sound of Music.
31. What kind of music are you into?
Anything Christian! Especially contemporary Christian music. Some of my favorite groups/artists are Avalon, Jump5, ZOEgirl, Rebecca St. James, for KING & COUNTRY, Francesca Battistelli…the list just goes on and on and on.
32. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
Hmm. Well, I kind of already wrote my ideal “book” (it’s really a short story), called Dare to Be Different. (I’ll hopefully be posting it on here soon.) It’s basically about just being yourself even if others think you’re strange. 🙂
33. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Probably when I got an A+ on my research report for school last year. 🙂 I worked hard on that thing!
34. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
35. Who are some people you’d like to meet someday?
Didn’t we just do this one…? Anyway, I’d love to meet all my readers and followers! 😀 (I actually feel like I’ve met all of you already, though!) I’d also love to meet other bloggers like Liz and Jaclynn.
Oh, and Jump5-but as kids, not as twenty-something grownups like they are now. They seem like the type of people I’d want to hang around with. Plus maybe they’d teach me how to do some of their awesome dance moves/gymnastic routines.
36. What’s one of your favorite habits you have?
Probably the one where I say I’ll put something away, but don’t…and I’ll keep walking past the item. 😛 That happened to me a few weeks ago. I took my cassette tape box out of my room so I could put it in the basement, and I left it in the upstairs hallway, telling myself I’d take it with me the next time I went downstairs. Well…every time I went downstairs after that, I’d forget the box…and every time I’d go up the stairs, there it was, waiting for me! (It actually was pretty funny.) I ended up finally bringing it down the basement at bedtime. 😛
37. What are some things that make you really happy?
Writing, dolls, stuffed animals, Avalon, my tablet, candy, traveling/being with my family, blogging, and reading!! 😀
38. What are some things that scare you?
Bugs, mice, death, the end of the world, and getting really sick. (I know, interesting combination.)
39. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
It depends, but I really love to plan things out, so…the first one. 😉
40. Would you rather live in the country or the city?
The country. I went to the city once, and was super afraid that I was going to get lost. (I didn’t, luckily!)
41. Do you have any brothers or sisters? How many?
One terrific sister!
42. What’s your favorite part of today so far?
When we went to my aunt and uncle’s house for a little while, and I got to see my baby cousin Holly! 😀
43. What’s your favorite joke?
I don’t really know a lot of jokes…
44. Do you like spicy food?
Yes! As long as it’s not super spicy, I’ll eat it!
45. If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
A dog. Everyone loves them, and if I were one, everyone would love me!
46. What’s one of the strangest things you’ve ever done?
Umm…probably the time a few months ago where I almost ate a ladybug. (Don’t worry, it was by accident-it landed on my water bottle, and I didn’t see it until I put my mouth on the opening….eww!!!)
47. What are some of your major goals in life?
To get married, have some kids, and…I don’t know what else. Be a good mom, probably. Oh, and to get to Heaven one day, of course!
48. What are some of your smaller goals in life?
Collect more dolls and stuffed animals, maybe. And to improve my photography skills. 🙂
49. If you could try out any job for one day, what would you like to try?
A pet photographer! Now that would be cool.
50. What’s your earliest memory?
Mmm…getting a Halloween catalog in the mail, and being both fascinated and freaked out by all those Halloween costumes.
51. What’s the biggest decision you ever made?
Not sure. Probably either to be homeschooled (although it was mainly my parents’ idea, I just agreed to it), or to start this blog. 🙂
52. Who’s your best/closest friend?
My sis, but I also have two cousins that I’m extremely close to.
53. If you could learn on random skill, what would you learn?
How to do gymnastics! Then I’d be able to do all sorts of flips and stuff. That would be fun. Maybe I’d get even better than Jump5! 😛
54. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Kind of both, but mostly extrovert. I really can start up a conversation with almost anyone. My cousin always says that I’m “such a people person”!
55. Do you think people can control their own destiny?
Nope. Only God. 😉
56. What are some of the first things you do in the morning?
I wake up, go on the Internet/check my mail, and eat breakfast. And, of course, thank God for another great day. 🙂
57. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope to play you?
Maybe Christy Carlson Romano (from Even Stevens)? She looks a lot like me, and her character on Even Stevens (Ren) is similar to me in a way. Or Rebecca St. James, because I think she acts or has acted. She doesn’t look like me, and I’m not Australian, but whatever! 😛 There’s always wigs, and she can hopefully do an American accent.
58. Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
Forgotten. I have a good reason for this, too. My mom is one of six siblings, and so all of them, as well as their families, are kind of “famous” in our community. It gets annoying to say, “Oh, yeah, we’re part of the (my mom’s maiden name) family”. Plus, anyone who has met me and/or my sister doesn’t really forget either of us, which I guess is a good thing, but not when you run into someone from your old school. So yeah, I’d rather be forgotten.
59. When’s your birthday?
In the fall. 🙂
60. How tall are you?
Five foot seven, I think. 😉 So yeah, I’m way up there.
61. If you were a super hero what powers would you have?
I’d want to be invisible and travel back in time. I don’t know if I’d want to fly, though. I’m kind of afraid of heights.
62. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, of course! 😀
63. Can you tap dance?
64. What’s your favorite pizza topping?
Pepperoni and/or sausage! Mushrooms are good too. 🙂
65. What’s your favorite song?
It’s always changing, but right now I’m particularly fond of Undeniably You by Avalon. If you’d like to listen to it on YouTube, click here.
66. Do you prefer baths or showers?
Showers! 😀 I actually just took one before dinner. And anyway, I can’t even take baths because our tub doesn’t work right anymore.
67. What color socks are you wearing?
I’m not wearing socks right now–I’m actually wearing flip-flops!
68. How many pillows do you sleep with?
Just one. 😉 But one night on vacation, I woke up with indigestion (because we ate dinner late and I had a really creamy, heavy soup with my meal), so my mom gave me another pillow to help with that.
69. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
Sunrises. A whole new day is just beginning! 😀
70. What do you typically have for breakfast?
It depends on what we have in the house. But usually, either cereal or yogurt (or sometimes both!).
71. Have you ever been in a newspaper?
Yes. A store at the mall was closing, and the reporter got a picture of my family looking through the empty store window. 🙂 Also, a few months ago, my aunt’s town had their annual community yard sale, and the newspaper was there taking pictures. My mom and I tried really hard to get in a picture, and I’m sure the photographer knew what we were doing. But we didn’t get in, unfortunately.
72. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
Dunno. A couple of nights last summer, though, I didn’t fall asleep till around 3am…does that count?
73. What’s been your best present?
I’d have to say the blue backpack with roses all over it that I got for Christmas last year. I love it!
74. Have you ever sleepwalked?
Not that I know of.
75. Can you do any accents other than your own?
Not sure. I guess I can kind of do a British accent, and an Australian accent, too. I was pretending to talk like Rebecca St. James on vacation, but I’m not sure how great of a job I did. It was funny, though. 🙂
76. What are your favorite smell/scents?
Vanilla, cakes baking, mowed grass, perfume.
77. Are you left or right handed?
78. Are you a clean or messy person?
I’m pretty clean. 🙂
79. Who would you want to play in a movie about your life?
Refer to question #57, please. 😉
80. Who’s your favorite villain?
Captain Hook, probably. We’re big on Peter Pan around here. XD
81. If you were in a band, what instrument/role would you play?
Background vocals, probably. I love the way the background singers blend with the leads. 🙂
82. Do you talk to yourself?
Nope, but I do talk to the dog a lot when no one else is in the room. So I guess kind of.
83. Do you sing to yourself?
Sometimes, but not as much as I used to.
84. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
I love so many of them, but either Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, or Mary Poppins.
85. Do you always wear identical socks?
I don’t wear socks much in the summer, but when I do wear socks, yes, they’re identical.
86. What’s the most unusual name you ever came across?
Uh…Shia LaBeouf. Not even 100% sure I spelled that right. 😉
87. Have you ever walked into a wall?
Yes! I think I did it today actually…
88. What color are your eyes?
89. Are you allergic to anything?
Nope! Unless springtime pollen counts.
90. Have you ever heard any outstanding rumors about yourself?
91. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
WARNING: Incredibly sweet and talented girl who loves to talk nonstop about anything and everything that interests her!
92. What was the last thing you ate?
A mini Twix bar. 😉
93. Which fictional character do you wish was real?
Ramona Quimby. 🙂 I looked a lot like her in second grade.
94. Do you like vanilla or chocolate?
95. Which would you rather have if you had to, a broken leg or a broken arm?
A broken leg.
96. What nicknames do you have/had etc?
Hmmm….does Sunny count?
97. If you were to become a famous singer, what would your debut album be called?
Tough one. Mmm…how about Sunny Skies? I like how that sounds.
98. Have you ever performed in front of a large audience?
Yes…at school concerts and such, back when I went to public school.
99. If you met a Genie who offered you three wishes, what would you wish for? (More wishes does not count)
1. To have more friends in the real world.
2. To have a wonderful rest of my life.
3. For love, peace, and respect in the world.
100. If you ruled your own country, who would you get to write your national anthem?
for KING & COUNTRY, of course! I mean, just look at their name-country’s right in it!
Wow! It took me almost three hours to answer these questions, but I had fun! I hope you enjoyed reading these answers, and learning a little bit more about me. 🙂
Have a great night!